Run for charity!
Help us raise R90 000 for the McGregor Young Warrior Cycling Academy in 2019!
Cycling creates change and that is what we want to help do in McGregor!
As a Run2Nowhere 2019 participant, we are offering you a special opportunity to make your ride even more special by doing your bit for charity and even win prizes in the process. It’s a win-win situation for everyone! So, how does it work?
Set up a free fundraising project in benefit of the Breede Centre (a local NPO for the MYW), then simply ask your network of friends and family to donate to your project.
All funds raised will display on your project and go directly to the charity. How cool is that?!
Plus, the top fundraisers will receive a prize! So there is no time to lose…
Prizes for Fundraisers:
- 1 st Place – Team entry to 2020 Run2Nowhere (a minimum of R5000.00 has to be raised)
- 2 nd Place – Weekend away in McGregor
- 3 rd Place – Run2Nowhere Event Hamper
How do you get started?
- Visit our official fundraising page or click on ‘Start fundraising’ below.
- Sign up with your e-mail or Facebook login details and select The Breede Centre Trust.
- Personalise your fundraising project page by adding photos and/or a video and a target.
- Done? Now share it with your network and ask them to support your project by making a donation. Good luck!
Got a query about fundraising? Contact our official fundraising partner, GivenGain, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the MYW:
The McGregor Young Warrior Cycling Academy, part of The Breede Centre, is a local NPO in McGregor. Established in 2016 with the help of the Ride2Nowhere event organizers, Max Menzies (local McGregorite) and WeChat South Africa.
At the Cycling Academy scholars learn to ride a mountain bike, set goals to participate in events, take part in community projects and acquire bike maintenance skills.
The academy has also delivered the following in 2019:
- Supplied over 500 utility bikes to residents in town,
- Set up a bike service centre,
- Manage bike rentals and bike tours in town,
- Developed and build a BMX bike track for the kids including supplying 200 BMX bicycles